Develop a range of skills to achieve win-win outcomes in various types of negotiations
Negotiation is one of the common threads that happens at every level, internally and externally across the workplace. It can range from project timelines, salary increases, appraisals, conflict, suppliers, contracts to cross-cultural collaboration. Learning to negotiate is crucially important to engineers at every level who are looking to progress.
Understanding how to set SMART objectives will support you in getting clear about your goals and what you are trying to achieve at the outset.
Keeping win-win as a desired outcome where possible is more likely to drive success and build lasting relationships with the other party.
Practical engineering case studies and group-based negotiation scenarios will give you the opportunity to practice and receive feedback on your style and communication. The workshop will help you to identify variables, appreciate the value of preparation and consider strategy and tactics, all of which are essential to achieve positive results.
Who should attend?
Engineers and anyone new to negotiating or and those who would like to refresh and upgrade their existing skills.
How will I benefit?
After the course you will be able to:
• Define the goals of your negotiation
• Plan and prepare for the delivery of a successful negotiation
• Understand the need for developing Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
• Use variables to achieve your goals
• Understand the importance of a win-win approach for future business
• Appreciate the human factors in play during negotiation
• Identify and adapt your "natural" style
• Recognise common negotiation tactics and how to deal with them
• Recognise the differences and similarities in planning for Business-to-Business. negotiations and internal negotiations with colleagues