Defence Equipment and Support

If you’re a civilian engineer working in the Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) or Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), you can use our dedicated route to professional registration as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng).

Not yet a member of an institution?

Guidance is available through MoD Industry Liaison staff, email: or through the Defence Liaison Officer (details opposite) or below.

When you are ready, complete the appropriate Application Form:

Want to transfer your membership to us?

If you are an EngTech, IEng or CEng registered with the Engineering Council through one of their approved institutions you can transfer your membership to us.

Get more involved

Volunteer with us, learn with us, connect with other engineers and invite us to your site. Find out more.


Need some help?

Contact Defence Liaison Officer Lara Mallett if you have any questions about joining us as a member of the Armed Forces or MoD.


Defence Update

Defence Update

Read the latest Defence Update