Railway Challenge 2021
Demonstration event at Stapleford Miniature Railway: 25-27 June 2021. The event will not be open to the public and will be for participants and by invitation only.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news
The Railway Challenge, organised by our Railway Division, provides a brilliant opportunity for aspiring teams to compete in yet another challenging industry-specific competition, showcasing their skills, expertise, knowledge, and business acumen.
Each annual Challenge cycle kicks-off in October, ending with a final event in late June/early July of the following year.
The Challenge, now in its tenth successive year, continues to bring together teams of university students, as well as apprentices and graduates working in industry across the world to test their business knowledge, design ability and technical skills in a live test environment.
Railway Challenge News
Get in touch
If you have a question about the Railway Challenge or would like to get involved, contact us:
Join the IMechE conversation
- Inspiring and developing the next generation of professional engineers
- Challenge News
- Integration with university curriculum or graduate scheme
- Funding support
- 2021 Teams and funding support
- Competition documents for 2021 entrants
- Key dates
- Site plans
- The 2021 event will not be open to the public and will be for participants and by invitation only.
- Meet talented engineers with the most promise
- Be part of a competition that drives and supports innovation.
- Lists of results
- Photos and videos from previous years' events.
Challenge Sponsors and Partners
Working in collaboration with